Unfortunately, car collisions happen every day. However, every car collision is different from the last based on a variety of factors. One thing that differs is the type of car collision. Believe it or not, there are many different types of car collisions, which you’ll be able to learn about in this helpful guide by our team at Collision 24.
Drivers in Brockton, Randolph, and Stoughton should read ahead to get the low-down on the many different kinds of car collisions!
Different Types of Collisions
There are many different ways a collision can occur, which is why there are so many types of collisions. Let’s take a look at seven of the most common ones below:
- Single Car Accident – This collision occurs between one car and another object that isn’t a vehicle, which could be a tree, mailbox, guardrail, pole, and so on.
- Head-On Collision – A head-on collision happens when the front ends of two vehicles collide.
- Rear-End Collision – This happens when the front end of one vehicle collides with the rear end of another vehicle. This often occurs in city traffic that stops and starts back up very rapidly.
- Side-Impact Collision – A side-impact collision is when the front end of a vehicle collides with the side of another vehicle. Many times, this is referred to as a “T-Bone” collision.
- Sideswipe Collision – You can sideswipe someone when you’re driving parallel to them and get too close. You may take off a sideview mirror and cause damage to the paint.
- Vehicle Roll-Over – Rolling your vehicle over involves flipping the car off of its wheelbase on either the side or the roof. While this isn’t technically a collision, it’s still important to consider.
- Multi-Vehicle Pile-Up – Multi-vehicle pile-ups occur when there’s an original accident, which can involve one or multiple cars, and then other unsuspecting vehicles come upon it without enough time to stop and pile on top of the original accident.
As you can see, there’s plenty of ways that collisions can occur, and this isn’t even all of them. Luckily, most collisions can be avoided with good driving practices.
Importance of Knowing the Difference
Knowing the difference between different types of collisions is important for a couple of reasons. One reason is that it makes it a little easier to determine fault, which is a key factor in terms of settling the insurance claims after an accident.
Another reason to know the difference is determining how you’re going to repair your vehicle after the fact. Depending on which type of collision you were in could drastically alter what kind of repairs you need.
Recently Involved in a Collision?
We hope this guide to the different types of collisions armed you with all the information you need to stay safe and informed on the road. However, if you have unfortunately found yourself in a collision in Brockton, Randolph, or Stoughton, we at Collision 24 are here to help!
As a full-service collision repair center, we know exactly what we’re doing and are happy to help you in getting things back to normal. Give us a call today with any questions you have or to schedule a service appointment!